Commercial Grants or Lease-Only Titles
Commercial titles are available where no land use conflicts exist, and within municipal and planning area boundaries provided the Municipal Council gives written approval
A completed Crown Land Application Form (286 KB) must be filed with the
Regional Lands Office
nearest to the land applied for. Applications are accepted on a first come, first served basis except for designated high demand areas where applications are invited through the public draw process only.
An application processing fee and a map or sketch clearly identifying the location of the land applied for must accompany the application.
- Application Processing Fee: $113.00 (H.S.T. included)
- Document Preparation Fee: $300.00
Applications are approved as grants and the full market value is payable at the time of the issuance of title.
- Applicant must ensure there are no adverse claims against the land.
- Applicant's signature must be witnessed by an official authorized to administer an oath.
- The application will be referred by the Lands Branch to any Department or Agency having jurisdiction over land use in the area applied for.
- Applicants must be of legal age (19 years or older).
Lot sizes vary depending on the intended commercial development. Sizes of more common uses are:
- Service stations, lounges, restaurants: 3600 square metres (60 metres frontage).
- Convenience stores and take outs: 1800 square metres (60 metres frontage).
- Motels: 8100 square metres (90 metres frontage).
If larger areas are required, the applicant must justify the necessity for the additional land by supplying a site development plan with the application. The site plan must indicate how the land is to be accessed.
- The applicant is responsible for arranging a survey of the land at his or her expense within 12 months if the application is approved. Surveys will only be accepted from registered members of the Association of Newfoundland Land Surveyors.
- The applicant must provide details of the on site water supply and sewage disposal facilities prepared by an approved designer (77 KB). This must be provided at the applicant's expense within 12 months from the date of approval of the application.
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free.