There are few services within the Bay du Nord Heritage River Corridor, so it is important to use these guidelines when preparing for your visit:
- obtain an entry permit (for the reserves-an entry permit is not required for the Lower River Zone)
- let someone know your route and expected time of return
- travel light and leave only footprints
- carefully plan your clothing, footwear, and equipment
- take a compass and appropriate 1:50,000 topographic maps
- read and abide by the rules and regulations
Note that if you take a cell-phone, coverage will be spotty-though it is possible to make calls from some hilltops.