There are no services within the reserve so it is important to use these guidelines when preparing for your visit:
- Obtain an entry permit
- Let someone know your route and expected time of return
- Travel light and leave no trace of your passage
- Carefully plan your clothing, footwear, and equipment
- Take a compass and appropriate 1:50,000 topographic maps
- Read and abide by the rules and regulations
Note that if you take a cell-phone, coverage will be spotty-though it is possible to make calls from some hilltops.