Salmonier Nature Park - Pre-Trip Information
Your group reservation at Salmonier Nature Park means a lot to us. We hope your visit will be a rewarding and educational experience. Our goal is to help students gain an understanding and appreciation of the natural communities of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Please help us to help you and consider the following information when planning your trip.
What to Bring
There is no canteen available. Therefore lunches should be brought from home and must be eaten in the picnic area. There are no indoor eating facilities; in the event of inclement weather, lunches will have to eaten on the bus.
Binoculars, cameras, norebooks and nature guides are useful for nature observation.
Clothing should be suitable for the weather, encourage children to bring a sweater, rain gear and conformtable shoes.
Parents and teachers are encouraged to carpool or ride the bus.
Once you have made a phone reservation for your class, park staff will fax out a confirmation form which you must complete and return to the park at least a week before your visit.
- Please give advance notice of cancellation. Every effort will be made to re-book your group if you should have to cancel.
- Please be as punctual as possible. Remember, other groups may be booked after you.
- Upon arrival at the Park, please advise the bus driver to park in the main parking lot, not in the overflow area outside the parking lot.
- When the bus is parked in the parking lot, the organizing teacher should proceed to the Visitor's Centre, where our Interpretive staff will provide direction.
- Every effort should be made to keep the children in their specified groups while they are at the Park.
Please fax or mail confirmation information to:
Salmonier Nature Park
Fax: (709) 229-7078