Forms and Applications
PLEASE NOTE THAT EFFECTIVE JULY 29, 2019 CROWN LANDS DIVISION WILL ONLY ACCEPT THE NEW VERSION OF THE APPLICATIONS FOR PROCESSING.
Please be advised that:
- All applicants, and those acting on behalf of an applicant, must be 19 years of age or older.
- Fees taken during the application process are non-refundable.
- It is the policy of the Crown Lands Division to accept applications on a first-come first-served basis.
- All fees must be submitted prior to the submission of the fully completed application.
- The primary contact identified will be used for all communication and correspondence.
- The email address provided may be used for future correspondence.
- The correct identification of the parcel of land under application is the sole responsibility of the applicant. Errors in identification of the correct parcel of land may result in additional fees and processing times. If there is discrepancy between the area marked in the field and the area indicated on the map, the map will prevail.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to consult a municipality or other development authority regarding land ownership, tax, permitting information and zoning information.
- Acceptance of this application by the Department Fisheries and Land Resources does not give the applicant any rights or privileges in relation to the land under application.
- The land is not to be occupied until a signed title document is received.
- Should the application be approved, the applicant’s name will appear on the Public Land Inquiry Map and the Provincial Land Use Atlas.
- Under Section 14 of the Lands Act, the Minister of the Department of Fisheries and Land Resources or the Lieutenant-Governor in Council may cancel, amend, or otherwise deal with the grant, lease, licence or easement at any time prior to the delivery of a signed title document.
- Personal information collected by the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador is protected under the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act, 2015.
- The Department of Fisheries and Land Resources is committed to protecting personal information, which is being collected in accordance with Section61(c) of the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act, 2015 and used in the assessment of your application for Crown Lands. It will not be used for any other purposes unless authorized under the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act, 2015.
- As part of the processing of the application, the Department of Fisheries and Land Resources may make referrals to other Government departments or agencies who may have an interest or concern related to the land being applied for as per Section 68(1)(c) of the Access and Protection of Privacy Act, 2015. Care will be taken to protect your personal information.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to inspect lands prior to application and report any evidence of occupation history with the application.
If you have questions regarding the application or processing, please contact the Crown Lands Inquiries Line at 1-833-891-3249 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CROWN LANDS INFORMATION, RESOURCES, AND TIPS
If you have questions regarding how to complete the application for Crown Lands, please refer to the Guidelines for the Preparation of Applications for Crown Lands .
The Crown Lands Information, Resources, and Tips Presentation will also provide you with additional information and resources that may be of help to you.
Should you wish to attend a group information session, make an appointment with a Crown Lands Official at your nearest Crown Lands Regional Office, or require further assistance, please contact the Crown Lands Inquiries Line at 1-833-891-3249 or email@example.com.
You will find other important information related to Crown Lands services below:
FORMS AND APPLICATIONS:
Note: All links below are PDFs and will open in a new window. If you have trouble opening a PDF, please download or right-click and Save As to your computer. Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free
How to save the form as PDF to your computer:
- Right click on the form and click “Save target as…”.
- Make sure the format is PDF.
- Save to your Desktop or Documents.
- Open the fillable form using Adobe Acrobat.
- After you have completed the form, save a final version of the file to your computer.
Guidelines for the Preparation of Applications for Crown Lands
The Guidelines for the Preparation of Applications for Crown Lands have been developed to explain the process and requirements for applying for Crown Lands.
This document provides information on the following topics:
- Definition of Crown Lands;
- Application and submission process;
- Requirements of a development plan;
- Requirements of supporting documentation; and
- Explanation of fees.
Note: These Guidelines do not apply to Title Amendment/Renewal or Notice of Consent of Assignment to lease/licence applications.
Application for Crown Lands
This form is to be used by all individuals applying for Crown lands.
A non-refundable application fee is required to be paid first prior to submitting the application.
Payments for the Application for Crown Lands fee must be submitted first here: Crown Lands Application Fee Online Service or through the Central Cashier’s Office in the Confederation Building, East Block, St. John’s. The Central Cashier’s Office may be contacted at (709)729-6519.
Complete and accurate information is important to avoid delays in processing your application. Please review and confirm your application includes the following:
- All sections of the Application for Crown Lands have been completed;
- A copy of a clear and legible Applicant’s Map is attached;
- A copy of the receipt for the payment of the application fee is attached; and
- A copy of all required supporting documentation is attached.
Completed Applications for Crown Lands and required documents listed above may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to a CROWN LANDS REGIONAL OFFICE.
Please note that if your application is within 15 metres of a lake, pond, seashore or foreshore, or along a river, you will also be required to complete and submit a Notice of Intent (2 MB). The Notice of Intent must be published in the Gazette within 21 days of submitting your application to the Crown Lands Division, Department of Fisheries and Land Resources.
This form must be completed and published in the Newfoundland and Labrador Gazette if your Crown lands application includes land within 15 metres of a lake, pond, seashore or foreshore or along each bank of a river. For example, this form would be needed if you are applying to construct a boathouse, wharf, slipway, airplane hangar or recreational trail. The Notice of Intent must be published in the Gazette within 21 days of submitting your application to the Crown Lands Division, Department of Fisheries and Land Resources.
Completed Applications for Consent and Notice of Assignment of Lease/Licence, payments and supporting documents must be submitted to a CROWN LANDS REGIONAL OFFICE.
To transfer/assign a lease/licence from one individual to another, this form must be fully completed by the seller(s) and the purchaser(s). An assignment application fee of $200.00 is required, and all lease/licence rental fees must be paid up to date.
Completed Applications for Renewal of Lease/Licence and supporting documents must be submitted to email@example.com or to a CROWN LANDS REGIONAL OFFICE.
This form is to be completed if you are a lease/licence holder and your lease/licence has expired, or is about to expire. There is no application fee to renew, but all rentals must be paid up to date.
^ Top of Page
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free