Fisheries and Land Resources

Permits & Forms

In wilderness reserves, the following permits are required. You must obtain your permit before you enter the reserve, and carry it with you. Applications are available online and from several locations in the province.

Pitcher Plant
  • Entry Permit
    • Every visitor to a wilderness reserve requires an entry permit. Application forms for these permits are available at a variety of locations around the province and are usually processed within 1 day.
  • Commercial Operator Permit PDF (145 KB)
    • All commercial operators, including outfitters and tour guides, whose activities take them inside a reserve's borders require a commercial operator permit.
  • Educational Tour Permit (145 KB)
    • Any group, including school, university, or conference group, conducting a tour within a wilderness reserve requires an educational tour permit.
  • Scientific Research Permit (145 KB)
    • Anyone who wants to conduct scientific research in a wilderness reserve requires a scientific research permit.

For scientific research, commercial operator, or educational tour permits, please allow a minimum of two weeks for processing.


Last Updated:
This page and all contents are copyright, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, all rights reserved.