Fisheries and Land Resources

Permits & Forms

Permits are required for the following activities that may occur within the Baccalieu Island Ecological Reserve:

  • Scientific Research Permit PDF (145 KB)
    • Anyone who wants to conduct scientific research in a wilderness reserve requires a scientific research permit.
  • Special Access Permit PDF (145 KB)
  • Seabird Ecological Reserve Guide Permit PDF (216 KB)
    • Anyone who guides visitors in the terrestrial portion of Baccalieu Island Ecological Reserve requires a seabird ecological reserve guide permit. For more information, see the Seabird Ecological Reserves Visitor and Scientific Access Policies and Information Manual.
  • Commercial Operator Permit PDF (145 KB)
    • All commercial operators, including outfitters and tour guides, whose activities take them inside a reserve's borders require a commercial operator permit.
  • Educational Tour Permit (145 KB)
    • Any group, including school, university, or conference group, conducting a tour within a wilderness reserve requires an educational tour permit.

You must obtain your permit before you enter the reserve. Applications are available online or from the Natural Areas Division.

For commercial operator and special access permits, please allow a minimum of two weeks for processing.

Scientific research permit applications must be submitted to the Natural Areas Program by March 31 for review by the Seabird Ecological Reserves Advisory Committee in April. See Science & Research for more information.

Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free opens new window

Last Updated:
This page and all contents are copyright, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, all rights reserved.