Fisheries and Land Resources

Permits & Forms

An entry permit is not required to visit Cape St. Mary's Ecological Reserve. The following permits are required, however:

  • Commercial Operator Permit PDF (145 KB)
    • All commercial operators, including tour boat operators, cruise ships, and tour guides, require a commercial operator permit to conduct activities in a reserve. Note: Cruise ships are encouraged to take advantage of the interpretation facilities in the reserve.
  • Educational Tour Permit PDF (145 KB)
    • Any group, including school, university, or conference groups, conducting a tour within an ecological reserve requires an educational tour permit. In Cape St. Mary's Ecological Reserve, we recommend the use of the interpretive staff. In this case, no permit is required.
  • Scientific Research Permit PDF (145 KB)
    • Anyone who wants to conduct scientific research in an ecological reserve requires a scientific research permit.

For scientific research, commercial operator, or educational tour permits, please allow a minimum of three weeks for processing.

Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free opens new window

Last Updated:
This page and all contents are copyright, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, all rights reserved.