Fisheries and Land Resources

Permits & Forms

Public access to Hare Bay Islands is restricted to those doing scientific research.

Eider Duck Chicks
  • Scientific Research Permit PDF (145 KB)
    • Research visitors to the islands require a valid Scientific Research Permit. For more information and research guidelines, see Science & Research.
  • Commercial Operator Permit
    • All commercial operators, including tour boat operators and cruise ships, require a commercial operator permit to conduct activities in a reserve. Note: Due to the significance and sensitivity of this site, no commercial activities (except fishing) are allowed.

For scientific research permits, please allow a minimum of three weeks for processing.

Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free opens new window

Last Updated:
This page and all contents are copyright, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, all rights reserved.